Noob cant transfer apps to SD card on froyo and more ??

Last Updated:

1. ccoram

ccoram Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys... noob with roms, kernals, and whatever the heck all the rest of that stuff is. I found step by step instructions to root and go to 2.2 with 1.2 mhz and I love it.

Question is, I want to know how to transfer apps to SD card. When I go to settings/manage applications, the Move to SD button is blacked out. Any help here?

For the record, to go back stock all I have to do is plug my phone in, flash 2.0.1 with RSDlite and download the OTA.... right??

I mean when VZW puts out the real 2.2, I assume if I went to that I would be at a disadvantage?

One more question, I see a lot of people with the processor speed on their home page. How do I get that there? Any good free mp3 apps out there?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

Wow. Lots of questions. And considering your topic is mostly related to rooting, this probably should have been posted in the All Things Root section. Anyway...

If the box for moving the app to your SD card is blacked out, that means the developer hasn't make it compatible for moving to SD. There are ways to force apps to the SD card, but that seems to cause more problems than helping. And I'd stay away from moving any app with a widget to your SD card. Once on the SD, the widget won't work.

And you are absolutely correct about the procedure for going back to stock. I just did this last week on my wife's phone. Took me all of 20 minutes to go from JRummy's Kangerade to 2.0.1 and then to 2.1 (almost immediatly you'll be prompted to upgrade OTA to 2.1).

The question about going with the official VZW 2.2 is a matter of opinion. Personally, I plan to stay rooted with a custom 2.2 ROM. Others may feel differently.

And I'm assuming you mean our signatures at the bottom of our posts when you are referencing people with their processor speeds listed. To get to where you can add one, go to the User CP link on the homepage. From there you'll see lots of options on the left. A short ways down you'll see an option for Edit Signature (right below Edit Avatar). This will get you where you want to be.

Welcome to rooting!