Noob droid eris user getting phone on mondayGeneral

Last Updated:

1. rubinscube

rubinscube Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

do you have suggestions and advice on what to do before I get my droid eris and the day I get it? I will be on the verizon bandwagon:D

Advertisement
  2. Jlopcpa

Jlopcpa Well-Known Member

Congrats, you will love the phone. Dont know if this is your first smartphone or not.

What I did, since the it syncs seemlessly with GMail, is go through and trim and organize your Gmail contacts and emails. If you dont have a GMail account you may want to working on setting it up and moving your contacts over. I found being organized before helped out a ton.

Since I use my phone for my corporate email (exchange) and had address on both Gmail and exchange, in order to avoid duplicate listing (Gmail and exchange) I move all my personal contacts to Gmail and keep exchange for all my professional contacts.

There are a lot of great tips thought out the forum including what apps to get an what apps not to get. Also I would get a car charger, starting off the battery life is not that good but seems to get better over a course of a couple of weeks. Some people choose to install some Task Apps (cant remember the names) but I did not and really I can get the battery to last most of the day, but I charge it in the car and at my office.

Some good apps are;
    Bloo - Facebook (Much better than the official app)
    Google Sky
    Shazam
    Spare Parts
    OI Shopping
    ColorNote
    Shop Savvy - barcode reader (Really cool)
    Mileage

Good luck have fun and make sure you keep checking the forums they are the best source

3. rubinscube

rubinscube Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

:D:D:D

thanks for the info

4. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

I would suggest starting by reading the battery tips and tips & tricks stickied threads. I am new with Eris and learned tons of helpful info! :)

5. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

Listen to this one. Don't be disgruntled by the battery life when you get it, it just takes a little battery conditioning and some sweet talking and you'll be getting at least 15 hours on one charge, with moderate to semi-heavy usage.. :D