Noob from Neptune, NJ (USA)

1. towers1209

towers1209 New Member

Hi, All:

An avid ASUS fan here from Neptune, NJ (US of A).

I got ,my Asus Transformer TF101 on Monday, 2011-Aug-22. (I was supposed to get it on Fri, but I had my headphones on and did not hear the UPS guy ring the doorbell. Grrr.!!!) This is my first foray into the Android world and I sometimes get confused. :confused:

Glad to know about this forum. (That is, one of the few android forums in the cloud. 5 as of my last count; and I joined all.) :rolleyes:

I was bummed out for a couple of days about the Netflix issue with Asus Transformer. :mad: One moment the link is available and then, next thing you know, it is gone. (Asus' facebook page explained that "it was all a mistake." The apk was a development version; not a production version; and all links to it were removed.)

But fortunately my patience paid off in the wee hours of the morning. I was able to find the availability of the most recent Asus Transformer firmware update and a link for the "right" Netflix app -- a non-market version; a Dev version that does not complain that it is not compatible to my TF101. I am a happy camper now. Woo-hoo! :D

I am an android newbie and still figuring out how to take a look at its innards.

Looking for a site for taking an android tablet apart (i.e., figuratively speaking ;)) and "taking a look inside" and be an "admin" user. Any recommendations?

(And BTW, how do you literally take the Transformer apart? I do not see any screws? Is it ever user serviceable? :confused:)

I've been using my Asus Transformer for a few days now and I am finding that any activities that include high interaction with the browser (such as posting this intro post) are painfully sluggish. I tried Opera, Dolphin, the native Android Browser (Chrome junior???). All became sluggish when I am on a "Post New Thread" page of any one of the android-related forums that I joined, (Bummer.. Perhaps I should be expecting more that it is capable of.)

So I am posting this using my Asus 1215N netbook. (I love, love, love my Asus 1215n netbook. Works like a charm. A good notebook replacement. I even use it for running eclipse; but I digress.) :rolleyes:

One other problem that I am facing are my "windows-based" muscle memories. There are so many keystrokes that I am so used on a regular PC keyboard that I can even type up stuff in my sleep or with my eyes closed without making a mistake (an exaggeration, of course). These muscle memories do creep in when I am working on my Asus Transformer and I find myself dumbfounded when the actual response of my tablet is not the same one that I was expecting to happen.

Had to be in the moment all the time, when I am using my Transformer. Part of the learning/ unlearning process....:)

Funny thing is, since for a few days now I had been using my Asus Transformer with the docking keyboard and I sometimes touch the screen to make quick selections or do a quick screen scroll, I tend to do the same thing on my Asus 1215N netbook (and I just did it now to scroll up the edit screen). Huh!

Anyway, I am happy to be here and be part of the Android world.

Next target droid device: Motorola Droid Bionic

BTW, one question: Why is the androidforums.com web page not rendering properly on Firefox 6.0? I am using chrome right now and things are just honky-dory. Will no use Chrome as a regular, though, since it eats up a lot of RAM space when used with multiple tabs (and I am one of those odd people who tend to use multiple tabs per session).

Advertisement
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Hello and Welcome to Android Fourms!!

It has been acting a little weird with the latest release (is it 6 already?) I too leave multiple tabs open at all times.....
  3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!