noob guide, ask a question and I will "try to answer lol

Last Updated:

1. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I know how diffulcult and cunfusing It can be to root your phone, or put a custom rom. If you need help, I will be more than willing to answer your questions. If anyone else wants to help answer your more than welcome! This will also help free up the other threads from all of the clutter:p

Advertisement
  2. culo77

culo77 Well-Known Member

could you create a "one-click" root thing like G1 users have?

3. mikenick42

mikenick42 Well-Known Member

4. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

Sounds like it might be a driver issue for you. Like that page says, you might have to uninstall and re-install the correct samsung drivers.

5. Cepheus

Cepheus Member

Do a Step by Step guide/video on how to install a Galaxy Rom on a Vanilla Behold 2....

Thanks ;)

6. coderiver

coderiver Member

I had a lot of trouble with this as well. You need to set the phone up in two places:
    1.You have to go to settings / about phone / additional settings / and Disable Mass Storage Only (path may be slightly different with Behold 2 rom - this is what it is with Gallery rom)
    2. Go to Settings /Applications / Development / and enable USB debugging.

Sometimes you have to plug the phone in the USB and then toggle the second setting to get it to get picked up. Run "adb devices" to see if it shows up.

7. paul89

Also if you are using a 64 bit system instead of 32 then you need to disable signed drivers, when you first boot your computer press f8 and you will see it in the options of how to start up your computer.

8. Ohgami

Ohgami Well-Known Member

For some dumb reason I can't access the "Myhangoutonline" page. Probably my crappy connection here. I am willing to try the Galaxy Rom but need better access/easier way to do the mod.

9. hohoeyo

hohoeyo Member

I got root access to my BH2 and was able to get stock android as well. How do I now install apps to my SD card? Couldn't find that information anywhere.

Thanks in advance

10. paul89

:(This has not yet been set up for the behold 2 yet!

11. yodamuppet

yodamuppet Member

I'm trying to root my Behold 2, and I'm sure mine is a driver issue, but I'm not sure how to resolve it. I'm using Win7 x64 (and I've tried this in test mode, as well, since the drivers are unsigned). All drivers seem to install correctly EXCEPT the ADB driver, which fails every time. I can uninstall all Android/Samsung drivers using USBDeview, then disconnect and reconnect my device, and the same thing happens. My device is set to PC Studio, Mass Storage is turned off, Debug Mode is selected, and my SD card is not mounted. I've also tried to manually update the drivers (found at http://www.getyourdroidon.com/builds/otherstuff/Behold_II_USB.zip), but I get a message about the drivers already being up to date. I've also uninstalled the drivers and tried manually re-installing them via Windows' "add new hardware" utility (yes, I took the time to install them one at a time).

After all of this, when I enter the "adb devices" command at a command prompt, all it spits out is "List of devices attached", a blank line, and another command prompt. I've been doing rounds with this for a week, haven't been able to find any other forums describing the same issue, so I'm asking for help. Help? Please? I can feel my Behold 2 rapidly siphoning what's left of my sanity from me. At night, I wake up and imagine that it's sitting on my night stand chuckling at my repeated root failure.

Can someone help me root my f*ck'n phone?

12. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Well-Known Member

13. Notahotshot

Notahotshot Well-Known Member

I have seen other posts where they had problems getting adb to see their phone with windows 7. If you have access to an xp or vista machine you may want to try on it. Or if you can try running adb in compatability mode.

14. yodamuppet

yodamuppet Member

all of my comps are win7, unfortunately. however, i finally found a solution: restart comp, f8, choose option to accept unsigned drivers. it installed the first time, and i had root in under 10 minutes. it's amazing that in all of my searches, nobody has suggested this as a solution to adb driver issues.

15. yodamuppet

yodamuppet Member

Seems I can't boot to recovery mode on my BH2. I've been all over the place looking for the exact method for booting to recovery, and I've seen all sorts of variations. The most common methods are to hold BOTH the Home and Power/End keys at the same time and continue holding them until you reach recovery, or to hold ONLY the Home key and continue to hold it after you have pressed the Power/End key to power up the device. I've also seen a couple people suggest that you should hold the Camera key while powering up. Suffice it to say, NONE of the methods I've tried have worked. When holding the Home key during power up, my phone hangs at the Android boot screen for about 2 minutes, but then continues to boot normally. Every other attempt to boot to recovery have resulted in a normal boot. WTH?

16. mmandros

mmandros Well-Known Member

My question is more mundane. If this is stupid, forgive the Noob. I often put the phone in silent mode as I'm in meetings, etc. I can't seem to get vibrations to work in this mode so I at least know if I get a message text or otherwise.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

17. texasmade

texasmade Member

Can you help me undo the galaxy swap thing i have no idea how to use oden i am the noobist of the noob any help would be greatly apreciated the original was slow and lagy but atleast everything worked and i would be able to sell it

18. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

When you are on the homepage, if you click the physical volume button down, it lowers the ringer volume, just below the lowest sound is a vibrate mode, then the silent mode.

19. mmandros

mmandros Well-Known Member

Great so instead of using the power/disconnect button to go to silent mode, turn the volume down.

Thank you

20. bundo

bundo Member

Crossposting from the BH_MAN's ROM thread:

I have Win7 64-bit and had the issue with the adb driver from the behold pack, the solution is to use this adb driver: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PT8GPY2M

It'll say galaxy when it's installed if you look in device manager (adb devices still reads correctly), but it works fine and you don't have to do a special boot every time.

I'm pretty sure that's the right link, I searched for the filename I had on my computer and came up with that because I had a hell of a time finding it the first time. Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll just upload the file I have somewhere I guess.

Edit: My mistake, it says Galaxy in the devices and printers window.

21. agnt007

agnt007 New Member

okay, just got my behold 2 and i really don't understand it as of right now. is there some total noob starters guide?
    i downloaded appinstaller, but am not really sure how that even works. suggestions?
    and it seems that the first step is something to do with root, but im not sure what that is. care to explain?

i just a need a nudge in the right direction
    thanks!