NOOB here, accesory helpAccessories

Last Updated:

1. djneph

djneph Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 30, 2010

I have been lurking on this site for sometime now. Wife and I will both be upgrading to our first smartphone tomorrow when the epic comes out. We both have old school flip phones. This will be our first touch screen. We don't want to get taken to town by the sales staff. So what accesories should we definetely walk out with and which ones can wait?

Any advise is greatly appreciated. Don't think I will sleep tonight, very excited. I can't wait to download my first app!

2. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    You might want the Sprint case. It only takes one huge drop for you to shatter the glass or ding up the Epic. Who cares if it's gorilla glass or not, it is still glass. It's not a great case, but it's better then nothing, it'll provide some protection.

The dock is a nice option if you got money to burn. I got the case and the dock and the dock, in my opinion is not really worth $40.
  3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Nov 28, 2009

Screen protector is helpful too. Even though it's gorilla glass, as said above, "it's still glass" and the last thing I'd want on my new phone is a scratched screen.
  4. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    I'm not a snap on case fan for sliders, so for me I'd rather just have a pouch case or holster to wear when it's not conducive to sit in a pocket. Going with a pouch case you can easily go the ebay route and pick up one for less than $6.

Docks will be a dime a dozen on ebay in time.

If you're both getting Epics you might as well pick up some of the cheap spare batteries and chargers on ebay. One simple plug in charger (like the ones that come with most cameras now) and two batteries is less than $11 on ebay. You can keep one each and have them at the ready. Nice when traveling too.