Noob hero issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jonathan Titmuss

Jonathan Titmuss New Member This Topic's Starter

I'll introduce myself later but right now have a bit of a crisis. Ran out of memory on my digital camera yesterday and took a load of photos on my HTC hero. Thinking that I would just be able to plug it in and download as I did on my last phone.

When I plug it in it starts charging so the connection (of some sort is there), the USB sign on the phone comes up and on my computer (Vista) it says that it is installing drivers for USB Mass storage and Android. When I go to Windows Explorer it says that a removeable disc is attached (it comes up in the list of drives when I connect). However when I then click on the removeable disc it says 'insert disc into drive'. Tried this on two computers now and no joy.

Also tried turning the phone off and connecting (last phone was just like a memory stick if you did that) and nothing happens other than the phone starts charging. I've also checked that the camera is saving to the SD card which it is.

Any ideas guys.

Thanks.

BTW Its a new phone so I may be being very thick so don't shout at me too much!

Advertisement
  2. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

You have to pull down your notification bar and select that USB symbol. It will ask you if you want to mount the SD card. Say yes. Then you will be able to access it from your PC as a removable device Drive.

3. Jonathan Titmuss

Jonathan Titmuss New Member This Topic's Starter

Fantastic - thanks very much for the swift reply and the right information - I was on the verge of having to travel 600 miles to take some more photos!

PS sorry for putting it in the wrong place to start with.

Jon