Noob, might have "bricked" phone.

Last Updated:

1. eloiamb

eloiamb New Member This Topic's Starter

I started with an unrooted Incredible Froyo.
    Used unrEVOked, Nandroid and Titanium Backup.
    Then I started playing with ROMs. I installed several ROMs and long story short, after several hours I was unsatisfied and frustrated.
    So I decide to delete everything and start over. Being the dumbass that I am, that includes deleting my recovery files along with all the other contents on my SDcard.
    I can still get into ClockworkMod Recovery. I can even put files on my SDcard via /mounts and storage /mount USB storage. It seems like there has to be a way I can get my phone up and running again but after looking on the web and trying several files on the SDcard / reflash (which I still don't fully understand) I'm starting to have serious doubts and a very sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Did I brick my phone?

Thanks for your time.

Advertisement
  2. rp1101

rp1101 Member

no, just download any rom, put it on the root of your SD card and flash it using clockwork.

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

your phone is not bricked if you can get into clockwork mod

BRICKED = can't even power on, no charge light, nothing AT ALL, just like a BRICK

download the virtous 2.6 rom, it is basically a stock 2.2 rom. then relax and post questions if you are having trouble doing something; everyone here is more than willing to help you be satisfied with your phone if you are willing to listen.

4. eloiamb

eloiamb New Member This Topic's Starter

Well now I really feel like a dumbass. I've been stressing out, reading forums on totally unrelated subjects and dumping files onto my SDcard. Then I make this post, 2 minutes later read rp1101's post and bam! my phones back on...

Sorry for the useless post! Thanks for your time and understanding!

~Eloi :eek:

5. sdrawkcab25

glad to hear you are back up....

6. moonman56

moonman56 New Member

what if I can't get into CLM and can't get passed Hboot screen. Says wrong image or no image.

7. k.electron

k.electron Well-Known Member

if hboot doesnt like your stuff, go get the stock recovery, flash that, then get a RUU and run that.

8. sdrawkcab25

When you are in hboot and select recovery(use volume up and down to highlight, power to select), what does it do?
    It will always say wrong image or no image unless you have the correct file on your sd card and are formatted to FAT32.

9. moonman56

moonman56 New Member

Ok got this fixed reformated a new card and put file on it. Put a new rom on the card and installed. Working just fine. But do have a question.... The new rom has Rom Manager in it. Was wondering if I could install clockwork recovery and then go down to the bottom and re-install amon recovery. That would fix not being able to reboot and the black and white lines. Wouldn't it? Thank you so much for your time!

10. sdrawkcab25

Not sure if that is compatible with slcd either... The only one I know for sure works is the one hosted on www.dougpiston.com or http://adrynalyne.us

11. doug piston

doug piston Well-Known Member

Koush released the newest version. Go into rom manager and flash clockwork recovery.

12. moonsbabe

moonsbabe Well-Known Member

And the new version of clockwork recovery will work with my phone? I won't get black screen and white bars? This is moonman56 wife. And it is my phone he has been helping me with. I really don't like clockwork recovery. I like the look of Amon much better.

13. doug piston

doug piston Well-Known Member

Yes it will.

moonsbabe likes this.
  14. moonsbabe

moonsbabe Well-Known Member

Ok did it and it worked. Thank you. Guess I will stick with Rom Manager for a while.