• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Noob needing some help!!!!!

Hey guys I have a desire with slcd and I installed an old ROM for AMOLED screens. It resulted in my phones screen being unresponsive. Now i realize there is already a thread on this and if no one knows what i'm talking about this is it:

http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/215886-solved-desire-slcd-black-screen-bricked.html

My issue is I bought the phone from someone who rooted it, and don't quite understand how to do this procedure. If anyone could help me out and walk me through this i would greatly appreciate it!. Also if there's anyone from Southern Ontario (golden horseshoe area) that could do it for me that would be great as well. Thanks guys and sorry for being such a noob haha.

Thanks a lot Dan for the help. I tried this and i may have got impatient with it but i downloaded a rom and flashed it. After it asked me to reboot the phone. when i rebooted the phone it went back to the recovery screen and the bottom said Formatting cache... It stayed like that for quite a while and i wasn't sure if it froze or not so i turned the phone off and turned it back on. To my delight it seemed to be working until i got to the lockscreen and a notification came up saying that i had to force close and it kept coming up. I'm guessing it's because i didn't let the phone format the cache. Is this correct or could there be a problem with the ROM?

Upvote 0
I just woke up and it's working! I flashed the ROM again last night and it was still formatting cache for a good half hour, to i left it and went to bed. The battery was dead in the morning but when i went to plug it in everything was working perfectly! so far so good.

Big thanks to danfrance! you really helped make it really easy for me man cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones