1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Noob Question about seperate Marketplace account for son

Last Updated:

1. flubdubman

flubdubman Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, I have a question about Marketplace account for my son... Wife and I have droids with Google chekout associated, and I wanted to load up a few pay-for apps/games on Son's droid for him. I DONT want him or anyone anyone else that may get thier hands on his phone to then have carte-blanche access to my credit card/google checkout... even if it is just limited to his device only... Is there a way to load things up then disable the account immediately? If so, will he still recieve the updates, or have access to re-download in the event of a factory reset or phone switch? (He lives with the evil-ex and evil step...)

Any insight anyone has on this would be most appreciated... Thanks in advance!

Flub

Advertisement
  2. blackvyper

blackvyper Well-Known Member

Password protect the phone is the easiest way. You could also use WaveSecure and in the event the phone is lost or stolen you can perform a remote wipe and lockdown. It will even tell you the phone number should another SIM card be inserted :D

https://www.wavesecure.com/

flubdubman likes this.
  3. eachna

eachna Active Member

Try removing your credit card(s) from _your_ Google checkout account. If you can get down to 0 ways to pay for products then you know you can do the same on your son's.

flubdubman likes this.
  4. flubdubman

Thanks! That is a great...(common sense)...idea that I didn't think of... that's what ill do.

5. flubdubman

BTW... are you the blackvyper that has done the Windows services website for years and years? If so, many many thanks... that site has helped me maintain a CLEAN MACHINE for ages! Great service! (Pun intended!)

6. beckx020

beckx020 Member

Why can't you give the $10 or whatever to the kid and have him get the evils to setup the account with the money?