Noob question before flashing back to 2.0.1

Last Updated:

1. cole20444

cole20444 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey this might be a noob question but i have to ask before flashing back to 2.0.1. When I flash back to 2.0.1 how would I recover all me accounts and apps? Can I just redownload all the apps i paid for from the market and will my exchange account, gmail, and etc restore or do I need to backup all this somehow and restore it?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Are you talking about unrooted 2.01 (damn, I hate even typing it)? Titanium will backup all your apps and app data (fast an efficiently) and restore them to your phone if still rooted. That said, your paid apps and contacts will reappear in the market (they are linked to your primary Google account) regardless of being rooted or not.

3. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

If you unroot and have DLed Titanium, could you still use it? Think these winners will need to know that answer.

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Titanium Backup requests root access at startup. I don't think it functions at all without it.

If you were once rooted, made a backup with it, unrooted and then re-rooted, you should be able to restore that backup.

5. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

If you are on stock 2.1, you cannot back up with Titanium, it requires root.

Yes you can get all the apps off the market, even ones you paid for and you won't be charged. Once you have root you can use titanium and it will backup all apps WITH the data.
    I also recommend Handy Backup (or any other app that does this)- it does backup/restore of your call logs and sms. Gmail and your contacts will be backed up by google and auto restore.

Hope this helps!

6. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Why....why....why???

Other than taking back the droid to the store for a warranty issue...why would you unroot???