Support Noob question on "Back" button functionality

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kiri, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Kiri

Kiri Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    This is my first android device and i'm loving it... but one thing that irks me is the use, or lack thereof, of the back button.

As I am navigating menus and options in the Settings, I cannot simply go back one menu using the back key. For example, if I go to Settings->Battery Manager->Battery Profile Options and want to go back to the Settings screen, I cannot.

Pushing the back button does nothing and I can only go back to the Settings menu by going Home, then re-entering.

Another quirk regarding the back button is when reading emails. Using a regular email account such as Hotmail, I cannot simply read an email and go back to the inbox using the button.

It makes navigating the phone very tedious :(

Any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisement

2. Kiri

Kiri Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Sorry to bump so early but I just want to know if my button is malfunctioning or not. Thanks!

3. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

My back button works fine. You are talking about the hard button between Home and Search?

4. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Yeah, like he said, you should be able to just use the hard back button.

5. Kiri

Kiri Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Yeah i'm talking about the back hard button. Aw man. I guess I will have to go to the verizon store tomorrow to see if they can fix it. I did think it was weird that I couldn't use the back button in the setting menus!

Thanks guys

6. tbAF

tbAF Member

Aug 1, 2010
    My back button occasionally acts like I pressed the search button and I'm pretty confident I've not. It brings up a search window when it happens.

Anyone else have this problem where the back button key occasionally brings up search instead?