Noob Question

Last Updated:

1. bostoniansurvivor

bostoniansurvivor Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted my phone last night and I'm looking for the fastest and easiest way to make my notification bar black...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. northernmoris

northernmoris Well-Known Member

Rom manager/dwnld roms/ onix/ blackmod returnz

bostoniansurvivor likes this.
  3. bostoniansurvivor

Thanks for the help but I'm dumb. I have rom manager downloaded but I don't know where to get that rom or where to put it to be able to access it with the rom manager

4. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

Coming from an Incredible user on here looking for X help, I can tell you how I do it. Open ROM Manager, click Download ROM, you will see the full list of downloadable ROMS there. Find the one mentioned above. Click it, it will begin downloading. A pop up will come up and ask you if you want to back up your current ROM and/or wipe data. I would say yes to backup and no to wiping data (unless the rom says you should). Your phone will reboot, apply the ROM and then reboot again. When it reboots, you should have your new rom applied.

bostoniansurvivor likes this.
  5. bostoniansurvivor

So I don't even have to have it connected to my pc???

6. bostoniansurvivor

I'm completing that process right now. I guess I just feel like it's going too easy. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Rebooting as we speak.

7. bostoniansurvivor

I've completed that whole process twice now and for some reason the rom isn't installed. Any suggestions?

8. bostoniansurvivor

So I downloaded the droid x bootstrap from the market and then ran the install on the rom and booted into recovery. After trying three times to install the zip it said every time that it failed and the installation was aborted...

9. bostoniansurvivor

Figured it out. Had to toggle signature verification and the process completed successfully. Thanks everyone for the help.

10. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

It's interesting to hear it's that difficult to do. It's LITERALLY that easy on the Dinc. No shoes to drop, nothing. Occasionally you will get a unstable ROM that flashes from ROM Manager, that is the ONLY problem. I am just now learning that Droid X does not have a normal clockwork mod/recovery as the Dinc or Droid 1 have so Bootstrap is necessary to flash ROMs. I'm interested in what you mean by toggling the signature though. I've never had to do that with my Dinc.

11. bostoniansurvivor

When recovery is installing the rom it stops and aborted the process and said that they signature couldn't be verified. If you use the volume buttons on that screen there is an option to toggle signature. After I clicked that it was golden and went without a hitch.

I probably made it sound much more difficult than it actually was. If I had any clue at all what I was doing beforehand I could have probably done it in a matter of a few minutes.

I think that the biggest problem with the X modding has to do with blur and some other "security" that Motorola added with it.