• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Noob question

jynynuty.jpg

Stuck on the screen with the blue dude lol.It's been sitting here for a good 10 mins.

edit:still stuck..

Upvote 0
Was it still running when you powered it off this morning? If "yes", then it should power up again.

Try holding down the power + home button for 30+ seconds (aka hard reset).

If the battery ran dead before you got to it this morning, then I could see why it might be reluctant to power up. (known issue)

Upvote 0
What exactly did you flash?

Did you clear anything when you got it back up?

Seems to me one of these things occurred:

• you flashed something incompatible, like ICS rom with Jelly Bean gApps (or vice-versa) or
  • you have a corrupt rom download and didn't notice the errors while flashing or
  • you forgot to wipe one of these: data, cache, dalvik cache

Upvote 0
@mrryanthai and @colchiro,

Something to keep in mind when you try to install CM, the ulmage of ClassicNerd will still be in the /boot folder and could cause you problems as the /boot folder is extremely limited on space. This may be why CM is having trouble booting.

So does this mean I have to hard reset and return my tablet to out of the box then do a fresh install of Android?

Upvote 0
You shouldn't need to be that drastic. You do want to pop into webOS to charge your battery at some point tho. :D

I wonder if there's there's a webOS utility that has allows access /boot for you to delete the ClassicNerd.uImage.

Otherwise there should be a way to delete it via adb or NovaCom.

AOKP also adds a uImage to /boot and I manually removed it before rebooting into recovery to flashing CM9.

Upvote 0
Did you make a backup in recovery?

Hold down the power and home buttons until it powers off, then restore your backup or wipe all 3 again.

Yeah,I did wipe data,cache,dalvik.Yes I made a backup recovery.I powered it off by holding all the buttons,now it won't turn on.Is it bricked?Plugged it into the outlet and it won't power up.

Did you try restoring your backup?:D

If you can get it to boot, cleaning up the /boot folder is relatively easy.

Upvote 0
First of all, not much has changed in the nightlies since July 7 and I don't expect much to change since the two main HP TP devs appear to have other priorities. Dalingrin is in school, not sure about Sullins. He might also be a student.

Make sure your battery is fully charged.

You need to use a root-enabled file browser, like Root Explorer, find the /boot folder, enable read/write (change at the top), delete the ClassicNerd.uImage (long-press on it and choose delete), then change back to read-only at the top.

Reboot into recovery and install your nightly again. Hopefully that works better. :D

Upvote 0
You shouldn't need to be that drastic. You do want to pop into webOS to charge your battery at some point tho. :D

I wonder if there's there's a webOS utility that has allows access /boot for you to delete the ClassicNerd.uImage.

Otherwise there should be a way to delete it via adb or NovaCom.

AOKP also adds a uImage to /boot and I manually removed it before rebooting into recovery to flashing CM9.

Yup, Interalz Pro. Check Rev. Kyles YouTube channel, he made a video on how to do this.

Upvote 0
Is it just me or does it seem like things are force closing a lot?

Did you restore apps with Titanium (or other) backup?

You shouldn't have apps FC'ing unless they are really incompatible with ICS (rare these days). Often it's because of something like restoring system data via a backup program, or failure to format a cache, like Nevertells alluded to.

Never restore red and green items from TIBU unless you've created a backup in recovery first and you know what you're doing. Restoring system items made from a different rom is very risky. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones