noob question.....

Last Updated:

1. jyarbrough20

jyarbrough20 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Dec 12, 2009
    I've been tempted for the past few weeks to root my phone.... i've read the forums....watched the videos...the one's at droid-life are really good to follow btw..... last night I got up enough courage to give it a try.... I downloaded the .sbf recov file....and installed the 32 bit drivers...however when I went to flash the phone it failed..... twice...granted the first time I had forgotten to install the question is this...I have now downloaded everything that I need to on my desktop comp instead of my laptop..... last night when i tried this and held the arrow up key and power it was trying to "Install new hardware" which is what made it didn't find the drivers for some reason... even after they were installed..... I would appreciate any i said I am following the videos/instructions on droid life because they are laid out pretty smoothly..... what exactly would it take to brick this phone...i'm not seeing a whole lot of threads about people who have bricked em...thanks for the help guys....I need all I can get!

2. snowman9031

snowman9031 Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    did you read the two stickys at the top of the threads. One is about brickin and the other step by step. Pretty good info there. Besides that someone wil help soon enough. When I rooted mine I ran into a couple of small problems and found alot of info of this forum!