• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Noob questions: Version, Root, Latest Firmware?

Hi guys! I have browsed around in the forum and I noticed answer on "how to do everything" BUT I want some advices first. Newbie on Android =)

1. Backup important things? Which app should I use?
2. Stable version later than 2.1update1 released ?
3. I'm in Sweden and it is rooted as 2.6.29 (i570exxjc1) where can I download android again? Newer or same version after rooting ?

Just need to heat it up cause it is so SLOW but need to check with you guys that have more experience so I don't forget or do anything stupid! Would highly appreciate your help!

Cheers!

Beerkan you rules! I did follow this guide last night and I got the phone up spinning insane much nicer.

One thing thou. What about the sdcard ? how can I easy check if it really install apps on the sdcard?
Also I read this
Install Samdroid Kitchen (Provides Tehtering)
Install Samdroid Turbo (3 x Permormance and improving)
Install Xmister I/O Performance Boost (2 x Access Speed)

Are they available from Samdroid ?

Thanks again! This place is awesome!

Upvote 0
Samdroid Kitchen must be installed after you install the LK2.08 update, as referred to in my root guide.

The complete process.
Follow root guide will:-
Install Firmware JH6 and
Install LK2.08 to root your phone.

Now go to Samdroid Forums
Install Samdroid Kitchen
Install Samdroid Turbo
And if you want to
Install Xmister I/O Performance Boost

Samdroid Forums

Reactions: Acheron
Upvote 0
No. I don't go for overvolting the CPU mods. It's a phone for god sake.

The install Xmister I/O Performance Boost improves load and run times, by using your SD card.

The downside it is can use up to 800Mb of space on the SD card. And if it gets corrupted, you might lose the contents of the SD card.

Better ask in the Samdroid forum for full info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones