• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Noob questions

WozzaTT

Jun 12, 2010
Hi All,

Forgive the basic questions but only got my phone yesterday and having spent the last couple of weeks trawling the various forums I've forgotten where I found most stuff I wanted:-

1. Is there an app which means the phone will light up in silent mode when I get a text message or missed call and then continue to flash or notify me until I read it?

2. If I download a couple of the alternative apps for keyboards I assume I won't lose the default one and then I can have a play with a few and see which I prefer?

3. How do I forward a text message? Got a quality joke about Green and Heskey!

4. How do I stop it picking up emails automatically? Push email is it called? I use gmail.

Christ - I knew the battery life got some stick but I know what you mean now. Charged it last night, it's just been sat on my desk all day and it's almost died by the time I got home. Must have stuff running I don't need ie the push email etc.

Have to say I love the phone overall so far although I've just tried to access my text messages by clicking on the messages icon and it takes me straight to the weather in Seattle!!! It'll be going back if it's temperamental.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any replies, I've taken the liberty of printing off the user manual at work today so I'll wade through that. No doubt I'll have more questions later!

1 - I'm sure there is but I don't know the name of any.

2 - Yes, you won't lose the default keyboard.

3 - Long press on the message you want to forward, you'll get a list of options, choose Forward, obviously ;) Download Handcent anyway, much better SMS app.

4 - I don't use gmail but I assume this can be done from in the gmail settings, just change the retrieval settings to never/manual.

Browse the forum, there's a wealth of information on this forum!

Reactions: eaglesally
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones