noob questionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Vchau364

Vchau364 Member This Topic's Starter

Probably asked a lot but how can i backup everything on my phone for contacts, apps, texts if possible not necessary. i plan on installing a kernel and a rom. That is possible right? i want to get a overclock kernel from P3Droid Kernels and then i was going to install the rom Bugless Besat v0.5 from here [ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.5 Android 2.2 FRG22D - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

installing the rom says it is mandatory to wipe data and cache.

In the past i was forced to put contacts in manually which was a pain in the ass.

Another question. In the past i had a 1.2 Ghz kernel installed but then i kept getting the annoying update notification to 2.2 so i had to install some sort of kernel or something to stop it that said would get rid of the update notification. So my question is will i start getting this notification again once i install this rom and kernel

Thanks so much whoever answers these! Really Appreciate it!

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Contacts and apps are connected to your Google account so no need to worry about them. Pete added an "auto-restore" function for your apps in V.5. However, it didn't work flawlessly for me (make sure you allow it to reboot before signing into your Google account).
    The kernel and update notifications are independent, there must have been something in whatever ROM you were running that didn't disable OTA updates (I believe BB.4 had this issue). Titanium Backup is the app you are looking for for backing up SMS. I don't use it, so if you need help with it (there are a ton of things you can do with it besides backups), someone else can chime in.
    I'm interested why you had to put contacts in manually? Was this still on your Droid or another, non-Android phone? Good luck, I was never a huge fan of V.5, but there are plenty of them on this site to give you any additional help with that ROM.

Edit: In the future anything Root related should go in that sub-forum. Perhaps a MOD can move this thread.

3. Vchau364

Vchau364 Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the help. yeah i manually put my contacts in because i tried to import and export them from the actual contact page though it did kinda work it had the first and last names messed up and multiple copies of each contacts. so i just deleted them all and went to my google account to look up the numbers.