Noob root question

Last Updated:

1. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted using the root for dummies im running the plain jane rom but i can't get any live wallpapers to work. Also can't delete any stock apps, and i seem to have lost my lock screen. Am i just using the wrong ROM? Or what am i doing wrong? Please help

Advertisement
  2. skapooj

skapooj Member

I also rooted the "dummies" way recently and am on PlainJane. I do know that this rom is not compatible with live wallpapers.

Also from what I've gathered, having root doesn't mean you can simply delete the stock apps. There is a .zip file right under the link where you originally downloaded the PlainJane.zip that when flashed will remove the bloat (extra/not-as-useful) stock sense apps.

I did not lose my lock screen when I flashed this ROM, so I don't know what to tell you there. If Live wallpapers were a main reason for your rooting your phone, I might switch to the new evil eris ROM because I believe that ROM, supports LWP. That migth solve your lock screen issue as well. Dont hold me to it though. Im sure a quick search will find you the answer you need.

Joe Eris likes this.
  3. Joe Eris

Thanks for the info. I got my lock screen back. But now my question is how do i switch roms

4. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

You can use lwp but you just need to use the nexus launcher rather than the sense ui. I have lwp installed on my just so i can show of to friends and family that i have a live wall paper of mario :D

5. Joe Eris

So is the nexus launcher in the market.?