Noob rooting questions

Last Updated:

1. stihl29

stihl29 Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, i just got my first smartphone, i have AT&T and i didnt want an iphone and was more drawn toward andriod, so i got a captivate. I would really like to do alot of the things in the "Pimp my captivate" guide but i have some questions first.

1.) If i root the phone, and take off the bloatware, will i still get updates if i go to the check for updates in settings? (ex. like the gps fix and froyo update someday).

2.) Its not going to subtract any features from the phone is it ? (ex. the google syncing and everything will still work? Basically is the rooting process and or bloatware removal going to change the way the phone works besides the programs those being gone?

Ill admit i'm an andriod phone hacking noob, but i do know computers well and programming and have altered other devices in the past.

Advertisement
  2. Chromag

Chromag Well-Known Member

I doubt you'll have a problem with either of your questions. If they don't push the update to rooted phones don't worry. Someone will grab the update and post it so you can manually apply it. No worries.