nook app - 17.5MB?!?General

Last Updated:

1. grvthang

grvthang Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Without turning this thread into a nook versus kindle versus aldiko debate:

I just downloaded a book to read on the nook app. After I did that, I went into "Applications" in my phone's settings, and I noticed that the nook app is taking up 17.5MB (17.42 application, 76.0 data)! In the Market, it says it's 5.21MB - that's still a lot, but not 17.5.

WTF?!? What a load of crap. Now I guess I'll have to root, just to be able to run apps off my sd card.

Advertisement
  2. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Seems to be designed for newer phones with oodles of internal memory, which is obviously not the case with the Eris. But its a good excuse to root, since its nice being able to install tons of apps without worrying about your phone's memory. I can't believe I didn't use Apps2SD sooner!

3. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

i had been using aldilko and then download the nook app when it recentlly came out. I saw the 17.5 mb and was like wtf to. The other day I deleted both of these apps because I find my phone not too conducive (for me anyway) to reading ebooks. I went ahead and broke down and bought a nook after they reduced the price and put out a wifi only model, $149. I love it!