1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Nook App and PDF files

Last Updated:

1. jtpryan

jtpryan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anybody know if the Nook app will read PDF's? If so, how is it done? I put one in the nook\my documents folder but it doesn't see it.

I was told at B&N that the Nook device itself will read PDF's.

-Jim

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

I use the free app Aldiko. That, along with Calibre pc software allows you to convert pdf's, word docs, etc, to a format that Aldiko can read. I tried to use the Kindle app, but could not get it to recognize any of my ebooks that I didnt purchase from Amazon.

3. mc48

mc48 Well-Known Member

i have a nook and you are correct, you can read pdfs on the nook. I had the nook android app but uninstalled it when i purchased my nook. I can't remember if you can read pdfs with then android nook app....seems to me that you can't, mainly just epubs. But like sitlet said above, it is easy to convert your pdfs into epub with calibre which is a free program for your pc...then just transfer it via usb to your phone. One cool thing that came out with the latest nook software update though is that all your nook devices/apps whether on a nook, your pc nook app, or android phone app, will sync. So if you stop reading on say page 219 on your nook, you can pick it up on your android phone later from page 219.

4. gcobb

gcobb Well-Known Member

I read where the Nook app FC'd on a lot of people. I figured I'd try it too and it FC'd on my Captivate as well. That sucks cause I wanted to try it.

5. TulsaTime

TulsaTime Well-Known Member

I've noticed the part where it's supposed to sync across devices doesn't seem to work on the phone. I am almost done with the book I'm reading but when I open it on the phone it always puts me back to page 60 & doesn't bring over my bookmarks either