1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Nook Color Bluetooth Tether

1. gvons

gvons New Member

I use Open Gardens Tethering app on my droid for creating an adhoc wifi hotspot for my laptops. Since the Nook doesn't recognize adhoc networks I was looking to setup network connections via bluetooth. There is an application - Nook Color Bluetooth Tether https://market.android.com/details?id=earlmagnus.nctether&feature=search_result which I installed on the Nook (CM7) and tried to connect with my droid. Both devices note "paired but not connected". Has anyone gotten this to work?

Advertisement
  2. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

gvons likes this.
  3. TheAmazingDave

TheAmazingDave Well-Known Member

That's the program I've been using to tether data and GPS to the Nook from my Optimus. It performs perfectly. My phone even supports the transmission power control feature so I can turn it way down to save my phone's battery.

I use TetherGPS to send the GPS signal once connected.
  4. gvons

gvons New Member

Unfortunately Verizon won't allow this application to install.
  5. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

I take it you're not rooted (on your Droid, I mean)? You need to be rooted to install these apps.
  6. gvons

gvons New Member

Yes, I'm rooted but it won't install. With this app I always get "Wireless Tether could not install. Free up some space and try again".
  7. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

This might make me sound like a smart-ass, but did you try freeing up some space? You know that you only have xxx amount of space to install apps on your phone. Wireless tether is no doubt a large app. Maybe you could look at moving some apps to your SD card.
  8. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I had that error for awhile then it went away.
  9. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Not sure if you're IM-ing on your Nook, but if you are you might look to see if some of threads are getting large enough to effect memory (thousands of messages). I've seen that to be a problem on some other devices.
  10. AzAnna

AzAnna New Member

Great thread! So far so good. I should be ready to go!
  11. AzAnna

AzAnna New Member

Thought everything was going great. I was able to connect my Nook Color to the Wifi Tether on my Droid2, but it was "redirected" and up came Verizon's mobile hot spot info and signup! WHA??!?! They're on to this app!!! Now what??!
  12. androidrook

androidrook New Member

Gvons: I have a Vortex660 rooted and using the Open Gardens Tethering app. I also had issues with getting the NC to see the ad hoc network. I can't remember where I found a post, but it suggests to change the channel in the settings to channel 6 or higher and then try to connect with NC. I was able to get it to work and I have CM7.1 running on mSD card. Connection has been flawless and great range too. Perhaps this will resolve the issue and make it work without going the bluetooth direction.