Nook Color Update 1.1.0 Just Released

Last Updated:

1. Cuerbo

Cuerbo Well-Known Member

NOOKcolor Ver1.1.0 update contains enhancements to improve the overall performance, including:

- Improved performance of Wi-Fi connectivity, Home and Shop.
    - Ability to pinch and zoom in browser.
    - Enhanced reading experience for magazines and children's books.
    - Access helpful NOOKcolor related information and support tips on the new default browser home page.
    - Reduce mistyped passwords with "show password" option during registration and Wi-Fi set up.
    - Easily identify NOOK kids Read To Me™ books with a new text banner next to the titles in Shop.
    - General bug fixes and performance improvements.

Software Updates - Barnes*&*Noble

2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Hasn't this been out for a while?
  3. Cuerbo

Cuerbo Well-Known Member

You're thinking of 1.0.1 which didn't include pinch zoom for the browser, you had to use the plus or minus to do that.
  4. A.Nonymous

And apparently this breaks root too. And it's non-optional without a hack. :( Honestly, why does BN try to break root? WTF is up with that? Very, very non-androidy.
  5. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Lol, I honestly don't think B&N knows that they are breaking anything haha. In fact, I'm getting the sense that they are learning Android as they go along. :p Just like any other company, who jumped on the Android bandwagon with a tablet or ereader.
  6. A.Nonymous

I'm not sure I agree. I refuse to put my pitchfork and torch away just yet. :mad:
  7. malachi1313

malachi1313 Member

8. malachi1313

malachi1313 Member

I dont know why my link did that???
  9. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

xda and linked threads here automatically do it.

this update is great. previously if you were rooted, you couldn't access read in store features. I've been on the prerooted 1.1 all day and got it back.