1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Nook for Android Force Close?

Last Updated:

1. JamOnIt

JamOnIt Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone have problems loading sideloaded ePub books in the Nook App? I put them in My Documents, but when I try to load them, it just sits there for about 30 seconds and then force closes. It's very annoying, since the Nook just got updated to 1.5 that allows for syncing.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement
  2. Poloki

Poloki Well-Known Member Contributor

I don't about the side-load, but I am getting FC EVERY time I go to open a purchased ebook. I was so excited that NOOK 1.5 cam out so I can read on the go with phone, and not carry the nook with me. Looks like B&N f'd up again.

3. bookshelfcat

bookshelfcat New Member

Nook app doesn't work. It force closes or just loads and loads forever. Talked to developer a few times, and they think it may be a problem occurring with accounts that have larger libraries. I've tried everything to fix it, and nothing works. Right the update might fix it, but no luck. If you look in the comments section in market its obvious that a lot of people are having the same issue. Mine hasn't worked in weeks. Would have been nice to have access to my nook library, even if I didn't have my nook. Very disappointed.

4. woody1

woody1 Member

I don't think it has anything to do with library size. I tried it with both an empty library and also with a small sample book downloaded to my phone. The sample book can be read ok, but the sideloaded .epub book causes a force close even before I can open it.

This is a major bug in the app.

5. dmcculloch

dmcculloch New Member

When I first installed NOOK, it worked flawlessly until I installed the update. Now it constantly does a FC when I'm about halfway through the epub. For awhile it was working when I archived all epubs except what I'm currently reading, but now it's doing the constant FC. It's very frustrating!