1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Nook is out for Android

Last Updated:

1. Mutt Slayer

Mutt Slayer Member This Topic's Starter

If you want to purchase Ebooks from Barnes and noble, They just put up there Ebook reader "nook" for the android phones. Downloaded and installed but haven't tried it yet.

Just 2 days ago I emailed them and asked when we could see this.....

Of course the reply was to thank me for asking....but no idea if it would ever come out so maybe I should buy a nook. lol

Search "Nook" in the app market.

Advertisement
  2. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

Can it load e books already on your phone, or like kindle, can it only load books purchased from there?

3. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

I THINK you can sideload them like you can on a Nook reader. It's on my list of things to try for one of my Appolicious reviews this week, so I'll keep you guys posted on this thread.

4. BonJoviGirl

BonJoviGirl Well-Known Member

It reads your books from other devices and then you can pick it to download. Works great.

5. GirlGoneGeek

Following up... Nook for Android does NOT sideload the books you own that aren't in your Barnes and Noble account. I recommend another eReader app called Alkido as a perfect supplement. You can sideload any ePub books from your SD card and read them in that application.

Gareee likes this.
  6. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

Pretty much what I suspected.

7. GirlGoneGeek

I did a review of a couple of eReader apps for Appolicious (Best Android Apps: The new (and one old) eReaders on Android by GirlGoneGeek | Appolicious iPhone App Directory) and came up with a workaround, if you're interested. I'm using the Nook app for my Nook library, and the Aldiko app as a supplement. Aldiko reads epub books you sideload onto the SD card, so it's perfect for my library eBooks and those I've bought cheap on Amazon and hacked into epubs. It's a two-app solution, but it gets all my content on there, so it works for me.

Gareee likes this.