Nook okay, but CM7 won't bootSupport

Last Updated:

1. GraphicsKat

GraphicsKat New Member

I have been using my Nook Color as an Android tablet (using an SD card w/CyanogenMod 7) for a long time now, but just recently it stopped booting as an Android. I can see the boot screen just fine, and if I choose to boot it as a Nook, it works just fine. Unfortunately, however, when I try to boot as an Android, I just get a bright flash - like it's about to start booting - and then nothing. I've left it sitting for over an hour, but it never showed anything but a blank screen.

Any suggestions?

2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Sounds like your sdcard is starting to fail (or has already)... one of my many complaints about roms on sdcards.

Do you use the stock (B&N) rom? If you prefer CM7 of stock B&N I recommend you replace the stock rom with CM7 and ditch the sdcard.
  3. GraphicsKat

GraphicsKat New Member

I was afraid it might be something like that. I actually do use the stock B&N rom occasionally, so I'm not sure I'd want to out and out replace it. I guess I'll try to replace the SD card, unless there's something else you think I ought to try...

Thanks so much for your help.
  4. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

How old is the card? More than a year or so and the writing's on the wall. :D