1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Nook stuck in loopSupport

1. Girevik

Girevik Well-Known Member

I had rooted my son's nook and it worked for a while, but now when I try to boot to the nook it goes through all the setup stuff, and then fails when it trys to confirm the e-mail. When I restart it just goes through the whole process again.

Can anyone lend any suggestions on how to fix it? He really only uses it booting to CM7 on the SD card, but I'd like to have the option to make it a nook again.

Advertisement
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

Sounds like your card is failing. They all do that after awhile. If it's more than a year old, probably time to replace it.

Your best bet would be to remove the sdcard, replace the stock B&N rom with CM7 and pick up a 8 gb Sandisk sdcard for data.
  3. Girevik

Sorry, I wasn't clear. This is an issue I'm a having when I remove the SD card and try to boot to the nook
  4. colchiro

5. Girevik

Sorry, been tied up and haven't had time to get to this.

Yes, it's stock except for the root and I'm not sure of the version. I tried flashing back to stock a couple months ago when I first encountered this but I guess I was hoping maybe something new had come along.

If all else fails, I may just flash CM7 on it, but I hate to lose the Nook functionality.
  6. colchiro

You can try the back to stock guides. If you're not in a big hurry, I'll be redoing the bootable sdcard images. There's a newer version of TWRP and the boot files I should update, hopefully this week.

RE: B&N functionality, most of what you can do with stock B&N software can be done with the B&N Android app.
  7. Girevik

I don't think the Ap does the "read to me" though, does it? This pad is for my 8 year old and I was hoping he'd use that. That's probably a pipe dream, though, and I should just flash CM7 so the thing would run faster.
  8. colchiro

Yes, I've read the "read to me" feature isn't available in the app.

It's difficult to know what someone else may like or not. The CM interface is a LOT better than stock B&N, but if you can root it and use a custom launcher, stock can be improved (tho it'll still lack the CM nav icons).
  9. Girevik

I had the nook rooted, but with it in this boot loop I'm not sure that's an option for me. At least not until I get this resolved.

I'm probably kidding myself that he'd ever use it for that any way. I probably should just try to flash so at least it would run faster as an Android tablet.
  10. colchiro