Normal or Not? Few Problems!Support

Last Updated:

1. caneshockey1433

caneshockey1433 Member This Topic's Starter

I recently got the Eris and I know that the phone is slightly slower than the DROID but is this really normal??

Problems:
    1. When opening Pandora, it would take about 45 seconds to a minute for the app to get passed the opening screen and then another 5 seconds to play music.

2. When opening the market (or any other application really), It would take forever to load and sometimes I would get a network error.

Those are 2 examples of the looooong wait I am experiencing. I went to Verizon and played with the DROID and it was so much quicker. I really didnt think there would be a huge difference in speed (maybe a second or 2 but not this). I have a friend with a HERO and his isnt near as slow as mine. My question is basically, is it normal or should I take it back to Verizon and switch it for another Eris?

I also have noticed (which might be the reason for it being slow) is my signal meter keeps switching from 2-3 bars to no bars (back and forth) and It also does not say 3G. It says 1ex about 90% of the time. I live in Raleigh and have ALWAYS had 3G. I have the Wireless network set to HOME only. Could this be a reason for things being so slow? Please help :) thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

I think one of the problems that will be addressed in the december patch will be signal checking, er, making sure you stay on 3g when available.

I came from a BB Storm 1, always had 3g, solid. Sometimes (not often) but sometimes my eris will drop down to 1x which gives crap page loads, including market app.

That said, this is rare for me, when you see it at 1x, disconnect from mobile network in your setting and reconnect, see if it will pop it to 3g.

if not, and you have lots of probs with it, i would go to vzw and have them switch it out to a new phone and see if you prob persists.

i dont use pandora but my other app, including slacker radio, and market, are snappy quick.

3. caneshockey1433

caneshockey1433 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks a bunch!! I came from the Storm2 so i know what kind of signal I SHOULD have and 1ex is not it haha. I will try it...I really want to keep the Eris and not go with the Droid but this was getting annoying. Also, this is off topic but is there any way to get the updated Market on the Eris?? I miss not being able to see the screenshots of apps. Is this something that will come in December or can I update the app itself?

4. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

i hope so, i guess, this no screenshot market is the only market i know :(