Normal speaker and mic does not workSupport

Last Updated:

1. ravisghosh

ravisghosh Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed a strange issue in Samsung Galaxy Spica (running Android 2.1). At times, the normal speaker and mic would stop working and one would not be able to hear or say anything for incoming or outgoing calls. On an outgoing calls, even the ring is also not heard. Its complete silence.

However, if you attach the earphone or enable the loud speaker, both speaker and mic work perfectly fine.

Reproduction of Issue: I'm unsure how this issue can be reproduced.

Fix: The fix too is not certain, but I've found that switching the loudspeaker on and off while on a call re-enables the normal speakers and mic. At other times, connecting the earphone and switching the loudspeaker on and off works.

Has anybody else encountered this issue? Is there any certain fix for it?

Advertisement
  2. DdXIVa

DdXIVa New Member

Hi there!! the same happened to me today, but the difference is it never came back to normal! now i can only talk using the speaker or the headset. I already did the factory reset with no results :(

3. DdXIVa

DdXIVa New Member

Update!
    After checking a while i discovered the phone was behaving as it had the headset plugged, so i just blowed as hard as i could into the plug and it suddenly did the alert sound, and came back to normal. I guess some dirt was stuck in the plug!

(sorry for the bad english! i hope you understood)