Norton Mobile SecurityTips

Last Updated: 2012-10-04 16:02:30
  1. oldster

oldster Member

Anyone downloaded the free version of Norton Mobile Security and successfully upgraded to paid version via Google store?
    I have tried Many times but just get the 'purchasing from google' but get no further. No errors or messages no matter how long I leave it.

Tried the Norton forum but apart from sorry you are having difficulties from Norton rep they are as good as a chocolate fireguard.

Advertisement
  2. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

I wouldnt waste your money on any AV for a Android device. ;)
  3. oldster

oldster Member

Any particular reason why not ? Won't we get viruses or any sort of malware on Android?
  4. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

99.999% of the time no, unless you mess with pirated apps n whatnot. ;)
  5. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

The only thing they are good for is tracking your device if you misplaced it, and even at the Android Lost is much better and can be pushed to your device from the Play store from your PC even if you don't have it installed.
  6. rootbrain

rootbrain Well-Known Member

Wrong. There are legitimate apps that use air push for ads and other types of things you really don't want, believe me. Mac users always said the same thing for years, they don't anymore. Hackers, spammers, malware are looking for an opportunity. Don't give it to them. Use some sort of antivirus, security program. Norton is a big name and always safe, but I use Avast. Look it up in the market. And Google "android antivirus software ". There are a lot of good articles and recommendations.

Rootbrain
  7. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

If Norton is like the PC version, I wouldn't install it if it was free. McAfee either. Now Avast is good on PCs, not sure for Androids.

I do use Lookout which has an antivirus scanner, I use it mostly for the lost/stolen part.
  8. casarosa

casarosa Well-Known Member

My new galaxy note 2 comes with free Norton Mobile Security I do not think I will install it I hated Norton on the PC it literally took over everything and it is a beggar to get rid of.