Nosey???Support

Last Updated:

1. Twistedfairyqueen

Twistedfairyqueen Active Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone tell me why a lot of the applications in the market need to have access to, my location, network communication, person information, phone calls and system tools..........is there an actual valid reason or are they just being nosey? :confused:

Advertisement
  2. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

I Suspect some are being nosey, however some apps like an antivirus app, will need to have access to a fair bit of your phone. I guess its basically a judgment call on your part as to if the app your after 'needs' the kind of access its requesting or not. i dont see why a game, should need pretty much full phone access, so if something like that comes up, then i just dont bother. I can live without the hassle it might cause me.

I do think your right to ask though, maybe some app devs are trying to collect info to sell to market research companies, maybe not, but either way, we should all be a little careful with what access some apps are requesting.

3. Twistedfairyqueen

Twistedfairyqueen Active Member This Topic's Starter

I was looking at wallpapers, games and fantastically odd things like a menstrual calender application, so I'm guessing you're right about them selling info to market research..............cheeky buggers!