Not a fan of the LapdockTips

1. guttyla

guttyla Well-Known Member

I was hoping to be able to easily work on excel spreadsheets with it, but it doesn't make it easier. I am trying to see if documents to go will make it easier, but my first try didn't help. It doesn't seem to support some simple formatting I need to do. Other than that it is much easier to use phone...imo

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

The Bionic Lapdock is inferior to Lapdock 100. Neither of them will ever be confused with a laptop. Making basic changes to a basic spreadsheet will work. I found that the touchpad on the Bionic Lapdock was so bad that I always used a mouse.

... Thom
    guttyla likes this.
  3. guttyla

Wish I can think if something I can use it for
  4. Stingrayracing

Stingrayracing Active Member

I picked up both the Bionic Lapdock and the Lapdock 100 when they were on sale pretty cheap. Personally, I like both of them but I think the Bionic Lapdock is the better of the two. As far as the mouse pad goes, I changed the pointer speed and the mouse pad works fine for me. I also use a mouse sometimes too. I can use Quick Office to do most of the simple things I need. The best thing about the Lapdocks is internet access without paying extra fees when not around wifi as with a tablet. The only issue I had was lack of volume control through the Lapdock speakers. I solved this by routing the sound through the phone speaker instead of the Lapdock. I am sure someone would be willing to take yours off your hands.
    guttyla likes this.
  5. guttyla

Yeah, I'll play with it for a while and see if I can find value in it
  6. guttyla

Using a mouse is a world of difference
  7. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Absolutely.

I wanted it to provide a slide-show from an Internet website at a demo booth. I could not control it without a mouse.

... Thom
  8. ErisDroid?

ErisDroid? Well-Known Member

Just got a lapdock for christmas and I love the concept behind it. BUT i hate the software. It's just a tablet version of Android. The old webtop was a much better version, too bad there wasn't a way to go back.

there's my $.02