"Not a Sprint Hero"? Kitchen

Last Updated:

1. GibsonD90

GibsonD90 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason, when I try to root, Kitchen is saying that I don't have a stock Sprint rom.

The phone details on the first page of Kitchen say this though:

Model: HERO200

Sprint Software: 1.44.557.2

I passed all the tests with Kitchen but still after attempting to root it tells me that it failed and I get a exclamation point on my screen. I've tried a few times now and even clicked the box that says 'Flash RA 1.2.3' which you are to use if you have problems.

I do have a Hero, and it is the Sprint version, although it is not from Sprint, but another carrier. Not sure if that matters though.

Please help!

Advertisement
  2. Danokan

Danokan Well-Known Member

Is this the NEW Kitchen?

If so.. I don't know. I had the same problem with it. I could never get it done with Flips new Kitchen.

I had to use the Pre-Kitchen and it worked perfectly.

3. GibsonD90

I started with the New Kitchen, but when that failed, since I had original installed the prekitchen, I tried it and had the same problem. :-(

4. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

5. ccapasso

ccapasso Well-Known Member

6. GibsonD90

Yeah, I totally failed.. I've always heared of this phone referred to as the 'sprint-hero' because of it's design. I have a Cellular South carrier though. Apparently there is no way to unroot my version, and thus I could severly screw it up, so i may not attempt anymore.

7. ptowsvc

ptowsvc Member

hi,newbee here,i live in hawaii,my carrier is Mobi PCS,and i have a non sprint htc hero[cdma].firmware 1.5,baseband 1.04.04.10.09,kernel 2.6.27-6bc66721 htc-kernel@and18-2#958,build number1.62.556.1 cl112492 release-keys,software verison 1.62.556.1 is there any chance of rooting this phone?my goal is to root and install a new rom like damagecontrol or similar.please help!!1Mahalo

8. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

How to Root Non-Sprint (Cellular South, Bluegrass Cellular, etc) CDMA Hero - xda-developers read that.. if it says yes, then go for it.. if not.. then bummer. as far as running DC, forget it unless you know all the settings that need to be changed in order to work with your provider. You'll have to find a ROM that is made for your provider

9. MattX13

MattX13 Active Member

Hi, noob here too. Only had my HTC Hero for a week, and I freakin' love this phone. Calling it a phone is kind of an insult to such a marvel of technology though! I was reading and getting all excited about rooting my phone, but it looks like I'm S.O.L. on that. I'm with Carolina West Cellular.
    A couple of my buddies have Sprint Heros and both show an option to search for firmware updates in the settings menu, mine doesn't have that option.

10. Fenga Papit

Fenga Papit Banned

Like a couple of other non-Sprint HTC Hero CDMA users have been reffered to in this thread, go here with rooting your non-Sprint Hero > How to Root Non-Sprint (Cellular South, Bluegrass Cellular, etc) CDMA Hero - xda-developers