Not able to download sound sets...Support

1. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

I have not been able to download sound sets from the htc sense server for several days, so I emailed support and this is the reply I got:

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

From his email, it looks as though the issue with the server. I'm not sure why he's asked you to clear the cache and data. The data wipe will probably blank your homescreens etc and if it is a server issue, I'm pretty sure it won't sort the issue.

Can you see anything via the HTC Hub app?
  3. GuitarG20

New response with clarification:

I can see things in the hub app, but I feel like there's a lot less there than there usually is. And as for it clearing my home screens, I don't really care since I'm running Apex as my launcher.
  4. GuitarG20

question: is anyone else having problems getting to the sound sets/all the content in the HTC hub?
  5. jhill000

jhill000 New Member

I'm having the same issue, HTC Evo3d. Found this thready by googling. I like using the Organ sound set and for some reason it no longer works. In the past when this happened I simply re-downloaded the sound set. For a couple weeks now I have not had the ability to do so, I'm seeing the same behavior as the OP. The HTC web site gave an error when I tried to report it yesterday.
  6. GuitarG20

Glad to know it's actually an issue and isn't just my phone... can you shoot HTC a quick email to let them know it's not working for you either? (only if you have time/want to, of course). I feel like the more people that report this, maybe/hopefully the faster they will fix it.
  7. karlyy7x

karlyy7x Well-Known Member

I backed up my sounds on Titanium Back Up and I was able to restore them luckily but going into HTC Hub I can't get to the sound sets from their main screen. I'll email them as soon as I post this btw.

Trying to get to sound sets from the Get More on Notifications in settings only gave me this:

[​IMG]
    GuitarG20 likes this.
  8. GuitarG20

I emailed them back when it would throw an error, and they said the server was broken. I guess it's partially up now? But thanks for emailing them, karlyy7x
  9. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Well-Known Member

I was not able to download a skin from the list of additional ones. Now I know why. Makes Sense. Pardon the punn. Lol