Not able to get Paid Apps?Support

Last Updated:

1. Zumi

Zumi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wife is having this issue, not me. She has a brand new gmail account and was trying to enter her CC info, and it had an error each time, for the past 2 days.

Should she attempt just setting up a google checkout account on the web first and go from there? Is there another workaround?

Advertisement
  2. vtroid5

vtroid5 Well-Known Member

did you try using wifi? i had errors at first but eventually got it to go through wifi.

3. Zumi

Zumi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah it was actually on wifi from the beginning because we set that up first. Should we try 3G?

4. Theibault

Theibault Well-Known Member

Try it. It never hurts. Also, check with Verizon and make sure you don't have an app block on her phone.

5. avirnig

avirnig Member

this may or may not be related, but i find that sometimes my 3g doesnt work for the market, and only wifi does, then other times, the opposite... when downloading an app or loading a market page, it just hangs when this happens.

i would say go ahead and try it over 3g instead of wifi. it might work that way. and just let her know that if it doesnt seem to be working over wifi, try the 3g data plan you HAVE to have with the phone. one way or the other it should work.

6. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

it could also be the CC. I tried to use my AmEx once to purchase "Beatiful Widgets" and it would not accept it, but worked fine with my MasterCard (guess because it wasn't in USD). If you can, try that too.

7. 10splaya22

10splaya22 Well-Known Member

I set my account up thru google checkout and there weren't any problems. Its pain free and very easy. I would reccommend u try it.

8. j_ryan

j_ryan Well-Known Member

Im having a similar problem with Beautiful Widgets. I purchased it, but when I try to download it over wifi or 3G I get a download unsuccessful message. Im going to ask the dev because every other app I have purchased through Google Checkout has worked fine.

9. vetvipe

vetvipe Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem. I went to purchase an app and put everything in and clicked saved and it keeps telling me that there is a "server error" click retry or cancel. This is over both 3g and Wifi. Any thoughts? If I sign up for google checkout on my computer will it automatically sync?

10. WalmartSecurity

WalmartSecurity Well-Known Member

Yeah. The Market is linked to your google account so it syncs with the phone.

I got the same error when trying to get Beautiful Widgets. Signed up through checkout and everything works perfectly

11. vetvipe

vetvipe Well-Known Member

It worked. Thanks for the advice.

12. deekum1627

deekum1627 Well-Known Member

i had the same issue with my wifes phone it wouldnt let her buy app it would say server error after she types in her card info, so i went to google checkout and added the card info there and then everything worked.