Not able to use X10 mini as Modem for my Macbook to access internetSupport

Last Updated:

1. aaarjun

aaarjun Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys,

I have my Macbook with just Mac OS running on it and my Xperia X10 mini with GPRS connection working in perfect condition. In some cases i want to use my X10 as a modem and use my Macbook to access internet. Even after switching on Airport in my Macbook, it does not detect my X10 mini. It is able to detect other wireless devices.

Any settings... Please suggest.

Advertisement
  2. MiniDroid

MiniDroid Well-Known Member

Not sure if Android 1.6 is supporting tethering...
    Try a google search for "android 1.6 tethering"
    I think I saw an app to do this with the mini.

Anyway, Android 2.2 does support tethering, but as you might know, SE is just going for the 2.1 later this month (well, that's the plan, so look out for the update).

The X10 mini is nice to look at and to hold in the hand, but the inside sucks the more you try to do....after all, it's a "smartphone"...or not?

3. deanzaka

deanzaka New Member

yo, there's some app to tethering your xperia x10 mini
    unfortunately, I kinda forgot the step, haha

well, maybe the greatest way is root your mini and make it as a portable wifi hotspot, just like me

there's a simple step to do it
    First, you can use Universal Androot to root your phone in just one click
    After you rooted your phone, go to the market and search for 'Barnacle WiFi Tether', and install it

then ... Finish !!

Now you've got a portable wifi hotspot on your pocket !!! GREAT !!!

nb : I installed 'BusyBox installer' first time when rooted my mini back then, however, I kinda forget for what, hehe, maybe you should try to install it too

Maaan, I'm just a newbie anyway
    Just try to help, haha

4. aaarjun

aaarjun Member This Topic's Starter

Thank u guys. Previously, I installed only Barnacle Wifi Tether, it was not working previously. Now I uninstalled it, installed X10Root first, restarted my mini, then re-installed Barnacle Wifi Tether, it gave some error 2 times then it started working and started searching for Clients. Thank u once again.

Me too not aware of this Busybox.. I just found this in one of the forum about Busybox, see if it helps http://forum.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-roms-hacks/8978-what-busybox.html