• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not all apps are shown in the 'Apps' list

I've tried a reboot several times. I had to actually because mine hangs from time to time.. but I didn't help me. they never appear on my wildfire. and with the apps list I mean the place where all apps are listed in HTC sense. I can only use half of my apps because the rest is not visible. any idea's ?

Upvote 0
I've tried a reboot several times. I had to actually because mine hangs from time to time.. but I didn't help me. they never appear on my wildfire. and with the apps list I mean the place where all apps are listed in HTC sense. I can only use half of my apps because the rest is not visible. any idea's ?

So you're referring to app icons missing in the HTC app drawer, but the apps are visible in the application manager.

That is most likely a launcher issue. Go back into the application manager and "sort by all" there by hitting the menu and making that selection, then scroll to the launcher you're using and click the "force stop" button, then reboot your device.

Upvote 0
So you're referring to app icons missing in the HTC app drawer, but the apps are visible in the application manager.

That is most likely a launcher issue. Go back into the application manager and "sort by all" there by hitting the menu and making that selection, then scroll to the launcher you're using and click the "force stop" button, then reboot your device.

I've tried that, didn't work. And actually i can't see the apps with my other launcher either. So i really don't know... @ephbee I'm talking about normal apps, launchers for example which i can't launch because there is no shortcut. Apps i've installed which i forgot because there are not listed.

Upvote 0
Its good you mention that, because i always thought: Why would i "buy" apps, if i reset my phone i will loose them all and i have to buy them again :) So now its just a matter of looking for good backup software and do a hard reset. And if everything is working fine after that i will root mine as well. I didn't do it so far because my phone was not really "reliable" And once its rooted, i loose the garanty. Anyway, many thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones