• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not all contacts showing up

I had this happen to me too. What I did with mine was completely deleted my contacts on phone and sd card and started fresh then copied it back to sd card. I had problems with transferring contacts from sd card and it has the stupid /1 after the names. After I renamed them, some would still be like that so I just started all over again. Pain, I know. I'm sure the others probably have a better idea then me.

Upvote 0
This happened to me recently as well. I figured out the reason mine weren't showing was because they weren't in the "My Contacts" group in my Google account. Most of the ones that didn't show were businesses that only had a work number, but simply adding them to that group in my Google account solved it.

Upvote 0
Not "dumb" at all, as many of us have been bitten by that one.

You can get to the same needed screen, either by tapping PHONE, then the CONTACTS tab; or, just tap the CONTACTS icon.

Once within that Contacts-focused screen, hit the menu key. Then, choose DISPLAY OPTIONS. You will see your gmail account address, preceded with a round silver arrow pointing to the right. Tapping that gmail addy opens a drop-down list, reflecting your groups. You'll likely see that MY CONTACTS is pre-selected. Just tap the group you want. You may need to scroll, as ALL OTHER CONTACTS is listed last.

Tip: if you want to use ALL contacts, and your list is long-ish, you may want to try freebie StarContact. Makes it much easier to get to your desired contact, via a few taps per searching. OR, go into the website for Google Contacts:
.............. gmail >>> Contacts (on left), or
.............. http://www.google.com/contacts
where you can rework your group assignments, including your favorites (Starred). Will save you some taps long-term.

Upvote 0
The way I did it was to go into my Google account on a PC. Go to Contacts, then click on the group "All Contacts." Find a contact that is not showing up and click on it. Where the details of the contact are shown should be a button that says "Move to My Contacts." Just click that button and it should show up in the list. Not sure how long it will take to sync to the phone, but that's what I did to get mine to show up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones