not all droids created equal

Last Updated:

1. ttype86

ttype86 Member This Topic's Starter

ok. i purchased my moto droid about 3 weeks ago. i took my first one back because the keyboard got all screwed up and caught when closing it and would not SNUG down. it was pretty bad. got a new one on the spot. then i started experiencing major issues with the 2nd one. 3g going out constantly EVERYWHERE. browsing speed was horrid on 2nd droid. (exact same apps.on phone) i closed apps etc to make sure i wasnt just insane. even the speed of the phone itself was horrid compared to the first droid. and had other issues i wont go into. finally decided to go bak a 2nd time and exchange again hoping they wouldnt think i was a nutcase. the rep said yes this does not seem right when he went thru phone etc. got another new one. and i can now say wow. this is the difference of night and day. speed is alot better. no glitching out on me. im in the same EXACT locations as i was when i experienced the other problems. exact same apps also. this phone is now running as i expect it too. i dont get it. i can now say i love this phone. as far as hardware. time will tell as i did experience slider problems with the first droid. the rep that time even said "wow, mine doesnt do that, ill go get u a new one". now i am very happy so far and dont even care about the nexus one. i started looking into that phone when i had all these problems. but now i dont and i could care less about that phone now. i like the looks of the droid alot better than the nexus and the speed cant be TOO much better. this thing mo docks...(fast)

Advertisement
  2. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that you finally got one that works. Too much complaining about the DROID, Im glad someone has something positive to say.

3. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

I wonder everyday if I have a lemon one? My headphone jack is the weirdest thing EVER!!. I keep thinking software though because after the update to 2.0.1 and after a factory reset I had to do it changes behavior completely after software changes! After reset I now get high pitched digital sounding beeps that hurt my ears! Also my 3g is weird but it doesn't completely go out. I love everything and would like to say I have the original day of release one!! lol crazy I know!. I am waiting to see if 2.1 will save the day if not then maybe it is time to exchange.

4. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Well-Known Member

@potato, Yeah the headphone jack is probly a software bug... At least im hoping. If not, I demand a recall/exchange! :)

5. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

For sure because I use Pandora and listen to music all the time! :D

6. ttype86

ttype86 Member This Topic's Starter

i do not have ANY problems witb the headphone jack. (knock on wood). i use pandora all the time. the 3.5 mm jacks fits very snug too. i did notice a few tiny specks of dust under my screen but i am not gona worry about them. i cant tell they are there unless the screen is off. they are definitely UNDER the screen inside the phone. oh well.