1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Not All G.Calendars Sync?

Last Updated:

1. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guys,

I have a few Google Calendars set up to on my single gmail acc't. Example: Job #1, Job #2, Holidays, etc. Only 2 of the calendars show up on my phone though--anyone know why?

I found this: http://androidforums.com/support/2797-sync-all-google-calendars.html But all the calendars are checked correctly on the device.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. odhinn

odhinn Well-Known Member

I haven't had any problems syncing up to 5 Google calendars to my N1. When I have added/deleted calendars I occasionally had to force a sync, wait an hour, and/or modify the "selected calendars" to make sure the events were appearing, but otherwise no issues.

The one incredibly annoying issue Google Calendar / Android syncing does have is that it doesn't sync all subscribed calendars to your device. The one that bit me personally were the sports calendars. I tried subscribing to various calendars, e.g. world cup, and they appear on my phone but the events don't appear, or the calendar doesn't even appear to be selected.

Found this blog post about it. Annoying!

Google Calendar doesn’t sync sports calendars to Android | Nexus Onederful

3. Eddie_Brock

Eddie_Brock Well-Known Member

I can confirm that my Gmail calendar does not update from my phone. I am currently using an Xperia X10, synced to my gmail account. I've added events from my phone, and they do not appear on the google calendar.

What gives? (I too have read the above links, with no solution)

4. TheSultan

Well, I don't use the subscribed calendars, I just have 3 of my own personal that I made, one for each job and then a "concerts i want to see". I don't get why only the one main calendar shows up on the phone.

As far as Eddie_Brock adding items on your phone and not syncing, it's a different issue (and different topic really) than what I'm having, but I'd check to see if your sync is set correctly.

5. RawlingsSc

RawlingsSc Well-Known Member Contributor

Not sure what to tell you. I have the Incredible as well and have 4 calendars that all sync correctly. I also recently added the contact's birthdays calendar and it synced up as well. I just looked at Google's site and didn't see any options that looked like they would matter.

6. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

Just to make sure its set up right did you go into your calendar app. Make sure you go into the default one, not an app you downloaded. When in the calendar app, click on your menu, then more, Calendars and make sure the ones you want to see are synced and visible.

If they are and/or you already checked that, I wouldn't know what to do after that.

Im on the moto droid running 2.2, so I'm not sure your menu is set up the same way.

Followed the link on your first post. It says to do exactly what I said, so disregard.

7. TheSultan

Yeah, I've done everything you guys have said to, even before making this post I had done them. Still, my one job's calendar doesn't show up. I don't get it.