• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not all google Calendars show on EVO

tical2399

Apr 26, 2010
Ok here's the deal. I added my school's football and basketball schedules (FIU) as well as my actual favorite college team football schedule (FSU) to my google calendar.

They show up fine on google calendar but they wont show up on my evo. Is there a limit on how many calendars the evo or android as a whole can display?

As it stands I have 7. US hollidays, UK Hollidays, Special events, FIU football schedule, FIU basketball schedule, FSU football Schedule and the default google calendar. How can I get them all to show up on my evo?

When you use google calendar it allows you to "browse interesting calendars", some of which are sports schedules. I add the teams I want and they show up on my google fine but not my evo. Any ideas?

Calendars you subscribe to don't sync OTA to any phone (android, iOS).

You can get around this by finding the schedule in .ics (iCal) format then loading it into Google calendar.

Ok I figured it out But its kinda lame, cause I puts those events onto my default Google calendar. I wanted the sports event to all me different colors. I wanted Blue for my school football games, Gold for out basketball games and Red for FSU Foot ball games.

I guess I just have to make my own calendars for each even and just import the basketball ical file into the basketball calendar I made and so on for football. By wont google just make you subscribed calendars sync with android.

Hold on, now that I think about it, the UK and US holidays are both subscribed calendars and they both sync on android.

Upvote 0
You can use most subscribed calendars with Google and have them sync. The Holiday calendars are an example of this. However from what I understand, there's a licensing issue at hand with regards to those subscribed calendars being synced directly to a mobile phone. Here's a link:

iPhone - Google sync, not all calendars appear? - Google Mobile Help

So if you want the calendars going to your mobile phone you'll need to create your own calendar, as a workaround, and import them into it via .csv or .ics.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones