Not Android News.....but Win 7 Phones released

Last Updated:

1. Chaznsc

Chaznsc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I saw the live press conference....it looked nice. But....

They using some old cpu's in the WP7 phones....out the gate they already behind....

They using the QSD 8250, the one thats in the Nexus 1, a phone fron Jan of this year....to compete with whats out now....okay.

Battery life issues anyone?

Compare and buy | Windows Phone 7

2 of those phones have a rated talk time of 3 and 4 hours????? Wtf....I hope thats a tiny, tiny battery in those phones.....

3. Chaznsc

Microsoft has suckered me in three times promising a new experience. There's no chance I would try another one.

slighmd likes this.
  4. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

fail lol
    i was hoping to see 2nd gen qualcomm cpu's in these phones
    guess more phones are coming in nov/dec for the holidays.

edit: with the exception of that Samsung phone because it's just a Galaxy S variant with WinMo7

jroc likes this.
  5. macprv

macprv Well-Known Member

i still cant find any visual attraction to their UI.. just square tiles with letter for the home screen?.. i need widgets, wallpapers, nice icons, etc.. yeah some transitions look very cool, but for the real world i would prefer a widget over transition (most of the times), i can imagine been in a hurry trying to get some info, going from menu to menu and through transitions.. oh no!

slighmd likes this.
  6. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Was planning to try out WP7 but thanks to your posts, am beginning to change my mind and stick to my Nexus One. I hope gingerbread comes asap to keep me from going astray.

7. Checkka

Checkka Active Member

This launch is a very good thing for the consumers. Competition will force companies to make better smartphones and better apps regardless of the operating system of the phone.

From reviews, it seems WP7 has a very solid UI design. I really think this will make a difference as Android UIs are still immature when you compare it to iOS4. Motorola is going to have to pickup the pace on fixing their whole UI if they want to last in this business.

8. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

everything about windows mobile is a fail to me personally. i dont care if they reinvent the wheel given the crap they put out before. to me its the same reason i would never buy a hyundai. they are probably putting out great cars now, but all i have in my head regarding them are the tin cans with wheels they put out in the 90s.

9. Chaznsc

The reviews for Windows 6 were also stunning LOL........and it too was a stinker.

10. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

People thought the Samsung widget interface for the Omnia was bad and unprofessional, what they didn't know was that it was optional.
    I have to assume it will be the same on the new devices.

What I like about WM over Android is the very easy integration with Outlook notes and tasks.

It also has an email app that works perfectly for retrieving pop3 email and deleting from the server so I don't have to go to multiple sources for email handling.

I really do enjoy my D2, but I wish I could get my outlook calendar without having to export/import and I wish I could get my emails and create folders using just one email application.

11. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

And the reviews for Vista were great and it was crap. But then the reviews for Win 7 were awesome and it's a solid OS. I've not heard anyone criticize WP7 yet. Everyone seems to have nothing but good things to say. With MS it's usually better to sit and wait for 2-3 months though to let the smoke clear. I've heard people who are shocked that they didn't just take whatever OS they were running on the Zune HD and make a phone out of it. MS has a weird way of doing things though. I do think Windows 6.5 is a fine OS for business use though. Piss poor for consumer use though.

12. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Lol. Win 7 is like Vista, except it works. :D

One great feature that is present only on Win phones is the ability to access internet on your phone through a USB cable. (share internet from computer to phone.) Great for people who doesn't have wifi at home.

13. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member

I was very excited for WP7, but some of the ways things were released kinda ruined it for me. one of the huge attractions was xbox live integration, which they kind of messed up on launch. Copy paste, although not huge for me, is a big thing to leave out especially for a Windows phone. I had a zune HD(lost it) and absolutely loved the interface on it, I just wish they did a direct port of that OS to aphone and made a phone that used the same hardware look of the Zune HD (the hard angles and metal look of the zune HD matched the look of the OS perfectly) I'm still tempted to try it out and may open a new account with TMO or Sprint to try ouyt one of the new devices (since theyre cheaper than AT&T and I only want to try it out.)

14. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

Can't wait for WP7 to get some better offerings. Will most likely be switching, but depends on what Gingerbread brings to the table. I still believe that WP7 will bite away a bit at Android, and will prove to be very popular. It's a good combo of my favorite things about Android and iOS.

15. colin4unow

colin4unow Well-Known Member

I believe you can do that with android phones I know mine can its called Tethering i believe

16. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I can't til I see Windows 7 in person!

17. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

No copy & paste, no multi-tasking, crappy UI, fail fail fail.

18. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

What Android phone do you use right now?

19. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

is it me.. or ...
    the speaker in the vid.. does not really answer many of the question directly. just a lot of BS about "personal" and "delightful"

20. UniqueNate

UniqueNate Well-Known Member

I'm sort of in the same boat. I want to experience it. The Samsung Omnia 7 looks so smooth and fluid. It's crazy! It almost reminds me of my Epic just with a new UI and no keyboard. I would love for Samsung to make something like the Epic for Sprint with Windows 7 on it and make the UI compatible to 4G.

It's going to be a learning curve and a bite in the lip to get over how customizable Android was...
    I must see 3.0 first and I hope they have a huge makeover. I love the animation and transitions and all in Phone 7's.
    Sprints getting one early 2011. It's basically going to be the Touch Pro 3 in Windows 7 style. Called the HTC 7 Pro. I love the qwerty on it but I don't like the front of it, so I'll pass on that one.

Android now has competition. No other OS was messing with it until now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwUGyNWPgc8&feature=sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZrSRrCwD6I

21. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Don't like how you can see the web page over lapping at the corner and the UI hasn't really crab me, with all that said i will have to wait till i get some hands on to finalize my thoughts.

22. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

One of the things that really disturbs me about these Win 7 phones is the movement away from business. After watching a few of these videos I'm getting the impression that these new Win 7 phones are a marriage of the media capabilities of the Zune and the social networking capabilities of a Kin phone.

23. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

I used a Captivate until I saw that Samsung had no interest in keeping my phone updated regularly.

24. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

They "look" nice, but I've used WinMo and Windows and years ago I switched to Linux and haven't looked back. Windows 7 is nice, and I'm sure their new mobile OS will have its perks, but I don't see too many Android users jumping ship for it. They just don't have the best track record. Also, I think their app store will have a large impact on how well the devices perform.

25. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

BB did this too with the Torch. Didn't go so well for them.

IntoMobile
    ZDNet
    IntoMobile again