Not being Shy :)

Last Updated:

1. Dexsting

Dexsting Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, I just got the new Samsung Epic 4G and very excited! I had the Pre before and loved it to pieces, but was pulled to try the Epic and so far so good! I am having some issues learning some things and getting upset at a few others, but hopefully now that I've found this forum I can go through the FAQs and posts and find my answers; and if not, I'll just ask and hopefully someone'll help me out :p

One quick thing that bugs me is the Accuweather ap...the clock only updates every 3 hours minimum; so not only does the weather not update at most every 3 hours, but also the clock doesn't update! How can this be?

Anyways, looking forward to learning how to use my Epic in all its glory and hopefully will be able to find my answers here and not ask too many stupid questions.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Simple, go into weather.com app. Change setting to update to whenever you like. I do mine every 30 minutes. How much can the weather change more often than that, right?

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join in the fun! :D

3. Dexsting

Its not so much the weather updating, but the clock doesn't "update" except every three hours. And the widget doesn't let me choose any time less than 3 hours (the 1/2 hour option isn't there...). If its just a bad widget, that's fine, but it seems silly that the analog face clock doesn't move except to jump ahead three hours every three hours...

4. Dexsting

OK, whoops. The analog clock moves fine; but I didn't have it on DST, so it was an hour off...the bar below the clock though, that has the name of the city, date, and digital time, however, doesn't update but once every three hours. That seems odd...

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Doh! ;)

6. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi & Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers....;)