• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not Booting Up

My mom got one of these phones, brand spanking new from Radio Shack, like not even 3 days ago and now this phone is screwing up on her. It's not even rooted.

They called me early this morning to ask me about the phone. I was half asleep lol but I told them to take out the battery, let it sit for 30 seconds, and then put the battery back in and it should boot back up. Because that's what normally happens on Android devices sometimes. She said that they've done that over and over and over again with no luck. She said that what happens is that the phone boots up with the Samsung logo and just stays there for an eternity.

I Googled the problem but only found one thread from a Sprint Samsung Transform that said that the phone did this. They said that when they took it to Sprint for repair, Sprint simply got them another one and didn't even explain what the problem was.

Anyone else having this problem and has anyone found a solution? I'd really like to fix this cause I want my parents to stick with Android and plus this is a little infuriating that this is happening on a brand new phone.

Upvote 0
If its only been 3 days I would take the phone back to radio shack for an exchange. I think they give at least 15 days if there is no exterior damages

Yeah, they give a 30 day refund. I'll suggest she might do that but I think she really loves the phone. She had the Motorola i1 and hated it but loved Android and doesn't want the other Android Boost phone cause there's no physical keyboard so..who knows lol I was hoping to get it fixed if possible. Samsung really makes some garbage phones.

Upvote 0
She van still get the ulta, just replace it. This is my second android phone.. I love it, even with its flaws.

Yeah, she has the Ultra right now. But she wants to stay with Boost Mobile and there are currently only 3 Android devices on Boost and this one is the biggest with the physical keyboard. We'll see I guess. Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones