• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help not booting up ?!

Campers

Lurker
Nov 4, 2012
Hello .
Last night i bought a SH HTC DHD , and had android 4.03 installed on it .
This morning i noticed that the battery drained too quick overnight and i thought it's cause of this version of android officially not supported by DHD .
I then tryed to 'factory data reset' , thinking that it could be some apps opened in background with uses the battery . After completing the reset , the phone doesn't boot up anymore.
I mean , it shows the HTC logo , then 4 coloured lines , then just a blank screen . If i use volume keys , it does show the volume on screen . if i hold 'power' button , it says to keep it pushed 3 2 1 more seconds to restart , but when it reaches to 1 ..nothing happens .
I would wish to install his original firmware . How to ? i m a complete newbye and don't know where to start .
Please , some step by step instructions ?

The phone runs a custom ROM so the factory reset function will not work properly.

Your best bet is to restore a backup or flash a new custom ROM or false the latest official ROM. Before we do any of this, could you try to boot into recovery.

Remove the battery for 10 seconds, press the volume down button and keep it depressed. Thanks press power. You should boot up into Hboot. When there please right down and post what you see on the screen.

You should see a option called Recovery. Use the volume button to navigate and the power button to select. In Recovery select the option to Restore. If there are any backups there you can restore that. List down the names displayed when you select restore.

See if there is anything in there than post back here.

Reactions: Campers
Upvote 0
hello
thank you for your answer
i (finally ! ) managed to enter recovery mode , tryed to restore but it's saying "couldn't open directory . / No files found. "

seems like my phone has installed clockworkmod recovery v5.0.2.7

also , in the background , it says ACE HACK KIT

LE : i'm back . managed to flash 2.3.1 , but now my camera says ' could not connect to camera' . any help ?

ok , i'm totally desoriented . is there anywhere , somewhere , a full flash firmware ? without installing radio , kernel and all of those stuff one by one ? cause i'm totally confused and don't know how and what to pick !

LE 2 : whuh , installed 4.0.4 and everything ok now . thank you !

Upvote 0
Why don't we flash a ROM? I am not sure which one you would prefer, but I am inclined to recommend aospX 1.0.0. It is a small download and has no issues I know of.

Download the file here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1460820

Also, the install instructions for the ROM are simple:

Install Instructions:

* Use clockworkmod and select Wipe data/factory reset
* Select Install zip from sdcard
* Reboot

Once we get you up and running we can select a different ROM if you like.

Upvote 0
I would say if the OP wanted rooted software, with Sense : ARHD.
Otherwise a RUU to bring it to non rooted stock with sebswm

Actually, I was thinking of that, but ARHD requires 4Ext Recovery for the install to be made properly. I was thinking, install anything, get the phone running and move on from there.

Upvote 0
yeah , already tired of fixing that and that and that ..i think i'll sell this phone more sooner that i thought ..

tryed last night the app you sugested to me , not working ..whatever i do it says ' FAR ' ..

android 2.3.5
sense 3.0
android revolution hd 6.3.3
kernel - 2.6.35.14-rmix3d-acs-ace-ncr-v11.1-ge213fe7-dirtyken@klquicksall

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones