Not charging over USB to PCSupport

Last Updated:

1. theguru1974

theguru1974 Active Member

I plugged my phone into a USB cable (from my old phone) that was plugged into my PC last night. When I woke up the phone was at 40%. I was also having trouble getting the phone to turn off while plugged into the PC. Anybody else seeing weirdness?

Eric

UPDATE: I used the phone for a couple of minutes and then plugged it back in to USB, and suddenly noticed the battery icon was full. Checking the % in the status menu confirms 100%. Strange.

Advertisement
  2. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Moto devices are known for being picky. The Droid 1 and X1 have the issues too. I ended up getting some cables from Amazon that worked for the Moto charge function, since they also work on other devices too.

Just type in key words and you will find them.
  3. JediSamReye

JediSamReye Well-Known Member

I had the issue of the phone showing the same percentage for hours on usb but once i unplugged it, it jumped to the correct percentage. This might just be a glitch in our system where it isnt consistently refreshing level status when charging
  4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

same on my wife's new x2...put a battery widget on the home screen for you, and it won't update to show current charge until you pull the USB plug.