Not charging with USB ?Support

Last Updated:

1. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Charges fine with wall charger. Just plugged it into computer and 'no charging'. It did go thru 'usb connect', did NOT load driver, and is 'not charging'?
    USB symbol at top of screen(Launcher Pro), screen stays on but no moving charger symbol.
    Am I actually charging?
    Does the battery icon just not move with USB connect with Launcher Pro?

???

Will find out one way or the other :)

EDIT: OK. I changed the 'USB connection' setting from "PC Mode" to "Charge Only" and the battery symbol now shows charging. That is weird.

Advertisement
  2. dimitri407

dimitri407 Well-Known Member

Try a different USB Port.

3. OrderFromChaos

OrderFromChaos Well-Known Member

If the phone is not configured on your computer (sounds like it since you stated the drivers did not load) then most likely the USB port is only supplying 100mA which is too little. It might see you as connected but not charging.

4. bigbadwulff

EDIT: OK. I changed the 'USB connection' setting from "PC Mode" to "Charge Only" and the battery symbol now shows charging. That is weird.

5. OrderFromChaos

That does sound weird as I have never set the USB connection to "Charge Only" and have had no issues with plugging it into the computer.

If you need the link for the drivers (First time I installed no issues, did a complete restore on my PC and my X wouldn't install correctly) you can find them in this thread, post #62. They worked for me on my second install.

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid-x/130116-how-root-your-droid-x-2.html#post1210990

6. bigbadwulff

Thanks!

7. uberdag

uberdag Active Member

it did the same thing to me today on a toshiba satellite here at work. Changed it to charge only and it started. It also did not load the drivers for the device so i assume that was a problem as well.

8. uberdag

uberdag Active Member

9. bigbadwulff

To get the drivers to load you have to set the USB to another mode(PC?). Forget what I did to get them to load.

10. OrderFromChaos

I believe to load the drivers you have to have the phone in "PC Mode." Once the drivers are installed I don't think it matters which mode it's in. Though not 100% sure about this, but I think that's what happened to me IIRC.