• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mistergoof

Dec 6, 2011
UK
My Daughters tablet is refusing to charge. The charger is fine as it charges the other tab 2 10.1 in the house, the charger is also the original one

She let it discharge, now when connecting to the charger (PC or mains), the screen goes through a cycle of displaying (been doing it for hours)
  • Empty Battery with buffering type symbol over the top for 8 seconds
  • Battery Symbol with dots under neath and partially filled in (in gold) for 2 seconds
  • Blank screen for 15 seconds
any ideas?

I have noticed this on my sons galaxy player. When depleted completely the batt doesnt want to charge. In that case I remove the batt and put it in another galaxy player that we have and charge it a minute or two and that seems to bring it back to life. Of course with the tablet you cant remove batt so you have to be careful not to let it discharge fully.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones