• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root "... not enough space to install this item"

I just installed Paranoid Android/JB rom and it is fine except for this issue. I am trying to install an old Netflix apk (this is the only one that works on this ROM) and it won't download. The NC says not enough space. I have gone over every option offered here but nothing works. Any other advice? I have more than enough space for this apk.

Upvote 0
Zero file? Sorry, I missed that this was a JB rom.

You have just one 0 folder, right? I suspect the JB rom is your problem.

You might try fixing permissions. Also, make sure you have the latest recovery (CM or TWRP), b/c there are lots of issues due to older recoveries and JB.

Is this the only app that isn't working? Can you download other things, like via Goo Manager or download via browser or Chrome?

Upvote 0
Zero file? Sorry, I missed that this was a JB rom.

You have just one 0 folder, right? I suspect the JB rom is your problem.

You might try fixing permissions. Also, make sure you have the latest recovery (CM or TWRP), b/c there are lots of issues due to older recoveries and JB.

Is this the only app that isn't working? Can you download other things, like via Goo Manager or download via browser or Chrome?

I fixed permissions after wiping cache and dalvik cache.

Yep, just one 0 folder.

I am going to try and download something else in the browser. I tried to download the Netflix apk via dropbox and dolphin and it did not work.

This is the apk (it's the only one that works on this ROM): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=34654128&postcount=492

Upvote 0
I think it's a rom issue, not just that one app.

If you can figure out what works and what doesn't, that would help.

Some people corrupted their sdcard with multiple zero folders, like /0/0/0/0/ etc., due to using an old recovery. I could see where you'd have trouble with that.

You might need to check on the forum where you DL'd Paranoid to see if anyone else has the issue. As you can see, this place is pretty quiet. :D

Upvote 0
I think it's a rom issue, not just that one app.

If you can figure out what works and what doesn't, that would help.

Some people corrupted their sdcard with multiple zero folders, like /0/0/0/0/ etc., due to using an old recovery. I could see where you'd have trouble with that.

You might need to check on the forum where you DL'd Paranoid to see if anyone else has the issue. As you can see, this place is pretty quiet. :D

Just got some time to focus on this.
I think it's the SD card. It shows no space available and sometimes it shows that it's unmounted! I think I'll try reformatting it. There is nothing really on it. Everything is on the cloud.

Upvote 0
I know that this post is kinda old, but I thinks is still worth of sharing my experience. In my case, I had problems with Link2SD. I don't know very what was causing the "low space" messages, but I'm sure that was about the automatic features of Link2SD, like forcing link2sd choose external storage as default install "device", and the automatic linking to SD. Once I had disabled this features I was able to install the applications once again, normally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones