1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Not Enough Space When Trying to Install Apps

1. gurpswu

gurpswu Member

I have a 32gb memory card in my Samsung Galaxy S2.

I downloaded Asphalt 6 from the Android Market. When i open the game, Asphalt tries to install the game but says "You do not have enough available space on your memory card to install the game. You need to delete 1033mb from your applications."

Why is this? I have about 9gb of space free on my memory card.

Advertisement
  2. sharkerbaby

sharkerbaby Well-Known Member

Are you sure it said on you memory card vs not enough memory? you may just need to move some of your apps to your sd card.
  3. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, I believe all apps are stored in the phone's internal memory by default. Then you can use an app to move it to SD card. (I could be wrong though.) Check the phones internal memory and see if it has enough space for apps storage.
  4. gurpswu

gurpswu Member

Settings -> Storage

SD Card Available Space = 8.49gb/29.71GB

USB Storage Available Space = 3.78mb/11.5GB

I moved the app to the SD card..but still saying not enough memory on the card.
  5. itsallgood

From the stats you show, it appears your "USB Storage Available Space" is really low. 3.78 MB is really nothing as far as space is concerned.
  6. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

Have you tried a power down/up to put the pigs to sleep? You can also use a task killer for that, but I don
  7. gurpswu

gurpswu Member

Power down power up as in...switching my phone off and on?

Yeah I've tried that.

I know USB storage is really low...but isn't that internal memory? I still have 8GB on the SD.
  8. itsallgood

Your phone automatically stores all apps to internal storage. One app can easily use up the 3 MB. You will have to clean out the internal storage before you will be able to download any new apps.
  9. pixaro

pixaro Well-Known Member

Uninstall all unwanted apps and move some apps and files from your internal memory to SD card. Clear some space from your internal memory and try.
  10. Brian7610

Brian7610 Member

Same thing happened for my father's phone. i just cleared some memory, and it showed me a message saying its going to download some big ass file to play. dont think its worth wasting like 200 mb for it >.>
  11. itsallgood

We have to remember that these phones are like miniture computers and have limited memory. They do require us keeping track of memory available and what kinda apps we download.
  12. AnguB

AnguB New Member

I have a similar problem. I just deleted a bunch of files i didn't need, and i got like 40 mb on the phone and 1,3 gb on the sd card. then i tried to update an app which is 6 mb, but when it starts installing, it says "not enough memory". What is wrong? :(
  13. itsallgood

Look to see how much space you have for "apps storage" and "Internal memory"